Find your story. Build your personal brand with storytelling.
NOT EVERY STORY WORKS!!!
The transformational story is not always the most dramatic one. But it resonates with your clients and builds an emotional bridge between you and your audience. Create to win people’s hearts, not pockets.
One of the most significant sagas of twenty centuries, “Star Wars”, was heavily impacted by Joseph Campbell’s monomyth theory, described in “The Hero with a Thousand Faces”, first published in 1949. Joseph Campbell studied mythologies and fairy tales worldwide and created “The Hero’s Journey” narrative cycle.
After the success of George Lucas’s film, “The Hero’s Journey” has become a primary guide for many filmmakers, storytellers, authors and marketers.
The idea is simple: your brand story has to resonate with your customer’s story!
Your readers and potential customers want the same thing you wanted and have the same fear, pain and desire to overcome. So they can relate to your story, and your experience makes them feel something.
Your brand story must be relatable, not dramatic!
Here are the three rules of a good story:
- Speak from your scars, not from the open wounds! As a storyteller, you must deliver some wisdom, not pain. A documentary story that happens here and now is usually different from a powerful transformational brand story.
- Pain, Fear, and Gain are three elements your reader will relate to. Talk to your audience, listen to them, and know their pain, what they are looking for, and their biggest fear. Know what they feel. Now, choose one of your stories that can be relevant in this case.
- A journey from pain to gain what your prospects are looking for! They are not buying your actual story; they are buying the feeling that they can make it. You become a guide for your clients because you’ve been in their shoes and know where to go!
Your transformational idea will form many stories you’ll share across different mediums. This idea will be your personal brand story. It will signal your prospects that you are their guide, the one they have been looking for for a very long time.
Storytelling marketing strategy is one of the soft selling methods. It helps your brand to thrive without direct sales calls but through authentic connections with the right audience.
In my Personal Brand Program, my clients tell me their stories, then we work with their client profiles, and then together, we build powerful selling stories. So if you like to know about the “Find Your Brilliance” program, let’s chat on LinkedIn.
15 Powerful steps to start your personal brand mastery
1. Define why you need a personal brand!
2. To build your Personal Brand, you need to know your values!
3. When you build your personal brand, decide what you want to be known for?
4. Find your story. Build your personal brand with storytelling.
5. To build your personal brand, you need to define your purpose.
6. To build your personal brand you need to know your WHY!
7. To build your personal brand, you need a vision!
8. Build your personal brand and become memorable with a consistent message.
9. To build an authentic personal brand, you must be honest.